Earlier this week, Governor Ron DeSantis announced the appointment of seven individuals to the Florida Cybersecurity Advisory Council, including Cyber Florida Executive Director Mike McConnell, VADM, USN, Ret., former director of US National Intelligence and the National Security Agency.
Created by recently passed House Bill 1297, the Florida Cybersecurity Advisory Council is tasked with helping state agencies protect their information technology resources from cyber threats and incidents by assisting the Department of Management Services in establishing and implementing cybersecurity best practices.
Other members of the Florida Cybersecurity Advisory Council include:
- Jaromy Kuhl – Professor and Dean, University of West Florida
- Pedro Allende – Former Deputy Assistant Secretary for Infrastructure, Risk and Resilience Policy, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Linda Reid – Vice President of Security, Walt Disney Company
- Eli Dominitz – Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Q6 Cyber
- Jason Raymond – Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, GuideWell and Florida Blue
- Benjamin Miron – Vice President of Infrastructure and Cybersecurity, NextEra Energy
To learn more, visit https://www.flgov.com/