RealTruck, a Truck Hero company, specializes in truck and Jeep® accessories. We are a well-established, privately held, company that is transforming itself into a leading-edge technology company seeking to disrupt the automotive aftermarket e-commerce space. We have offices in Florida, North Dakota, Indiana and Missouri.
Our mission is to revolutionize the truck accessory industry by focusing on innovation, inspiration and unmatched service. We provide an immersive and engaging experience for truck enthusiasts with expert advice and comprehensive information on every product we sell.
Senior Frontend Developer are an essential part of RealTruck’s Technology Team. They work with project managers, stake holders, designers and engineers to solve complex problems and break large technical projects down to smaller, releasable units of work.
They make the most of modern tools like Vue, Nuxt, ES6, Webpack and SASS/Stylus/Tailwind, and we ensure features work well on all screen sizes.
As a Senior Developer on the frontend development team, you will be expected to set an example for, and mentor more junior developers. You will be responsible for the architecture and implementation of complex, big-picture features that drive our business forward.
- Determine technical feasibility and performance impact of projects on target devices
- Create and communicate procedures for testing and deploying large features into production
- Manage and monitor website performance targets
- Look for performance opportunities using browser devtools, Speedcurve, Lighthouse, FullStory, and Vue.js Devtools
- Review pull requests in GitHub to ensure best practices and conformance to standards
- Identify critical bugs in Bugsnag and coordinate efforts for resolution
- Document technical solutions using Lucid Chart and Confluence
- Mentor teammates and share your knowledge.
- Develop and build solutions with best practices and code excellence in mind
- Work autonomously while being communicative with stake holders and team members
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
Education and Experience
- 5+ years experience working as a lead/senior frontend developer
- 2+ years experience using Vue
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent work experience).
- Awareness of client-side performance considerations.
Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions, and measurable metrics and then execute those plans.
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong verbal and writing capabilities. Ability to play well with others.
- Ability to speak up and influence business decisions in a highly matrixed organization.
- Must be driven, proactive, and have a high attention to detail.
- Experience in NodeJS, Nuxt, Tailwind CSS or creating unit, functional or integration tests would be a plus.