The Pega Lead Solution Architect will play a key role with leading the internal Pega development team as well as partnering with external implementation partners on an ongoing basis. This individual will apply expertise and knowledge toward the software development lifecycle (SDLC), partnering with stakeholders across the organization, to deliver solutions to complex needs. While leading the implementation of Customer Service and Decision Hub applications, this role will contribute to the maturing of enterprise standards, best practices, and methodologies through forging partnerships with Enterprise Architects and Solution Architects in cross functional delivery teams.
The Pega Lead Solution Architect will design, develop, code, test, debug and document Pega solutions to satisfy business requirements. This role is responsible for leading architecture, design and development within the Pega PRPC and Pega Customer Service Frameworks. This role will provide mentoring to junior and senior Pega Systems Architects through ongoing monitoring of work products, workloads and assignments. These resources may report directly to this role within the internal application delivery team or contracted labor through implementation partners.
- Development and implementation of Pega solutions to solve business needs.
- Develop proof of concepts and application mock-ups to quickly help demonstrate Pega capabilities. Design and implement system integrations using technologies like REST or SOAP.
- Design and develop software applications based on requirements/design documents.
- Partner with enterprise architects, developers, and engineers in a matrix environment to ensure implementations meet the solution architecture and design.
- Participate and contribute in architectural discussions on how to design and implement highly integrated Pega applications with other critical business applications.
- Analyze business processes/requirements and translate them into innovative Pega-based solutions.
- Align the solutions with the platform strategy.
- Cl/CD - Deploy code across environments as part of the Change Control process.
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Monitor Pega Systems, identify potential system defects, perform routine maintenance, and troubleshoot user issues.
- Document application and system architecture.
- Provide coding standards and ensure they are met.
- Define guardrails for development.
- Participate with business analysts and/or users in the system testing of their programs. Ensure bug free quality code.
- Optimize solutions by performing detailed code and design reviews.
- Perform unit testing on code.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – field of study: Computer Science or related field
- Minimum five (5) years Pega implementation experience for Customer Engagement and Case Management is required
- "in lieu of" a Bachelor's degree, an Associate's with an additional two (2) years technical analysis and IT related experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years experience Pega version 8.x or greater is required
- Minimum one (1) year experience Agile Methodologies (Scrum and Kanban) and Messaging systems (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ) is required.
- One of the following certifications is required:
- Pega Certified Lead Systems Architect (PCLSA)
- Pega Certified Senior System Architect
- Pega Certified System Architect
- Preferred Certifications include:
- Pega Certified Decisioning Consultant
- Pega Certified Marketing Consultant
- Pega Certified Robotics System Architect
- Pega Certified Data Scientist
- Preferred Certifications include:
- Implementation Experience with Customer Decision Hub or Pega Marketing solutions
- Pega Robotic Process Automation experience
- Proficient in one or more project management tools.
- Experience with .Net and Angular.
- Designing and implementing REST based API integration services
- Overall technical analysis and IT experience of 9 plus years preferred.