reacHIRE is proud to offer a 12-month return-to-work program starting in Fall 2021 designed for Java Developers who are returning to the workforce after a 2+ year career break. This is an on-site opportunity. Applicants would be expected to relocate to the Tampa, FL area once return-to-office plans are finalized.
Please note candidates who have worked in part-time roles or have done independent contracting will be considered for this opportunity. It is a cohort-based model that allows individuals to re-enter the workforce in a supported way with a group of fellow returning professionals. We provide a one-week intensive onboarding specially designed to build the skills needed to successfully re-enter the workforce. This proven approach fosters camaraderie among colleagues, builds confidence and upgrades technology and professional skills that will be invaluable throughout this next phase of their career.
Note that some of the responsibilities and areas of expertise listed below represent performance expectations to be met or skills to be gained by the end of the 12-month program. The reacHIRE Return-to-Work Program is designed to help candidates on-ramp and upskill. We encourage all candidates with applicable prior experience to apply!
- Deliver assigned development projects within agreed schedule, quality and scope expectations
- Participate in all stages of the SDLC within an agile Scrum environment
- Form partnership with technology vendors and gain deep understanding of products
- Interact with PMO and translate reported problems/issues into JIRA items to implement
- Enhance/Re-architect existing components to satisfy new requirements in terms of performance and scalability
- Provide level 3 (escalation) support for the application
- 2+ years experience in Java (Core, JDBC, MT, Collections, I/O)
- Understanding of SQL/PL-SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
Nice to have skills:
- Experience working with the Scrum methodology
- Spring framework stack
- Experience working with Big Data, preferably Mongodb
- Experience designing and implementing microservices
- Financial services technology experience
- Physical and logical data modeling
- Experience using the following – JIRA, uDeploy, Sonarqube, TeamCity, Artifactory, Git (BitBucket)