- The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst develops and establishes quality assurance standards and measures across the entire IT department.
- The QA Analyst, working with all IT teams, is responsible for ensuring all testing follows the standards and acceptance criteria for all software products that are either built in-house, leverages a third-party solution, and/or configured on the cloud; and is responsible for coordinating, organizing, leading quality assurance/testing initiatives.
- The QA Analyst will apply end to end testing practices, including writing test cases and scenarios that ensure the delivery of quality software.
- The incumbent will determine usage of and potentially create automated testing structures. The QA analyst performs post-implementation audits, partnering with internal stakeholders, to ensure that all changes made to the production environment conform to the desired quality standard.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in healthcare information system development, implementation, quality assurance, audit or support of technology systems
- The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and executing test strategies/plans, test cases, test scripts, and managing defects
- The candidate will have related experience in an academic/research/Cancer Center environment
- Contribute to quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications and IT infrastructure throughout their development/product lifecycles
- Ensure testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues
- Performs or assists in the testing of new applications, productions, enhancements as required
- Aids in process improvement opportunities as it relates to QA and testing
- Performs post-implementation audits
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – field of study: Computer science, Information Technology, business administration or related field.
- Minimum six (6) years' experience in information system development, implementation, quality assurance, audit or support of technology systems
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in developing and executing test strategies/plans, test cases, test scripts, and managing defects