- The IT Program Manager will provide oversight of all IT projects and will be responsible for establishing project management best practices within the IT department that aligns with the Enterprise Project Management (EPM) department.
- The IT Program Manager will train and provide support to IT personnel who may be assigned to perform the project management role for projects and train stakeholders and staff on their role and best practices.
- The incumbent will develop and manage reporting for all IT projects including project status, risk, issues, and ensure projects are up to date within the project portfolio management (PPM) system.
- They will act as a liaison between IT and the enterprise project management office, and may serve as a program/project manager on IT large scale programs/projects or complex initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate:
Master’s Degree, Certified Scrum Master, and 3+ years working experience in a Healthcare/Research/Cancer Center environment
• Oversee the progress of all IT program of projects by planning, tracking, and reporting on outputs and outcomes
• Develop, implement, and maintain project and program management standards within the IT department
• Daily program management throughout the program life cycle
• Define program/project governance and controls
• Manage stakeholder communication
• Act as a coordinator between multiple projects to ensure they are benefiting each other and aligning with the overall business goals of the organization
• Define and measure project success metrics and monitor change
• Set quality control standards and track implementations
• Perform audits and health checks on projects and programs
• Ensure project management artifacts are established and used by project teams
• Escalate and manage any risks, issues or changes in cost/timeline/resources of projects
• Work closely with the IT Portfolio Management team once requests are approved to be executed and monitored as a project; advising on project closure and any impact to the overall portfolio
• Support the Change Management and Communications Manager to ensure the project teams in integrating change management and communication activities into their project plans
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree and Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP)
• Minimum 7 years of program and project management experience
• Managed large and complex projects or programs
• Working knowledge of both waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Experience working with project/program/portfolio management tools (Ex: PPM systems, Agile tools)
• Training and Coaching mindset
• Passionate about technology and business transformation efforts
• 3 years or more working experience in a Healthcare/Research/Cancer Center environment in a large-scale IT setting