- The Engineer II, Interoperability is a mid-level position in the interoperability team that helps with the design, development, deployment and maintenance of Moffitt's interoperability systems.
- The incumbent will be responsible to train other engineers and analysts while supporting senior engineers and architects in documenting and defining standards and processes.
- The person would work in tandem with the IT and business stakeholders in fulfilling interoperability deliverables.
- Implement interfaces as per defined architecture and interoperability procedures and standards Document and maintain business requirements related to interface development.
- Work in unison with the interoperability engineers and architects to ensure the interoperability framework is revised and followed in an optimal manner
- Follow change control standards for system and code changes.
- Provide on-call support.
- Onboard and train analysts and entry-level engineers.
- Support the senior engineers and architects with defining interoperability standards and processes.
- Work with IT and business stakeholders in designing solutions that ensure reliability and efficiency.
- Identify gaps, and emerging trends and seek training to implement technologies that enhance the delivery capabilities of the team.
Credentials and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree – field of study: Computer Science, System Analysis, or a related study.
- 10 years of experience in developing and supporting interoperability initiatives using one or more middleware technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience in developing and supporting interoperability initiatives using one or more middleware technologies.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working on end-to-end integrations involving point-to-point and/or data streaming interfaces.
- Relevant experience in a research, academic, scientific environment, or healthcare provider is a plus.
- Working experience on both Windows and Unix platforms with the ability to develop and automate scripts.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and an innate ability to multi-task and function independently.
- Strong working knowledge of electronic data interchange standards and encryption technologies.
- Past experience working in an Agile environment.
- Strong grasp of SDLC and ITSM frameworks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.