This position is based in our Tampa office located on beautiful Rocky Point. Only local candidates and those willing to relocate will be considered.
All parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. No sponsorship provided.
Overall responsibility: Perform ETL functions in a data warehousing environment. Demonstrate advanced SQL coding skills as the main mechanism for data extraction and transformation. Collaborate with the data analysis team in refining requirements and identifying data quality issues.
- Write advanced SQL including some query tuning.
- Design, build and deploy effective SSIS packages.
- Implement stored procedures and effectively query a database.
- Translate requirements from the business and analyst into technical code.
- Identify and test for bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL solution.
- Ensure the best possible performance and quality in the packages.
- Provide support and fix issues in the packages.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of financial institutions and financial data, preferably credit union or retail banking related a plus.
- 3+ years of Advanced SQL experience.
- Experience designing and building complete ETL/SSIS processes moving and transforming data for ODS, Staging, and Data Warehousing.
- Experience in the identification of data quality.
- Some database design experience is helpful.
- Some Knowledge of C#/VB.NET a plus.
- Utilize ad-hoc techniques to perform on-the-fly analysis of data.
- Proficient in how to deploy to and debug a production SSIS environment.
- Experience with Jira and code repository procedures a plus.