We’re forging a digital-driven future to wholly reimagine how we tackle cancer. Moffitt’s Center for Digital Health (CDH) brings bold ideas into focus and delivers new digital experiences by pairing cutting edge technology with expert cancer care. As one of the world's first cancer centers with a dedicated machine learning department and one of 100 Most Wired hospitals in the US, we’re bent on translating lifesaving tools from the computer to the bedside—and beyond.
To make this future a reality, Moffitt’s Center for Digital Health is building out a brand-new Digital Innovation practice with an innovation hub and digital studio. Through partnerships and community engagement, the innovation hub is focused on supporting digital innovation and entrepreneurship.The studio enables digital transformation through research, design, and development of patient, provider, and employee digital experiences. When it comes to beating cancer, we know we can't depend on technology alone. But together with world-class physicians, scientists, and researchers, we work tirelessly to give every patient the options they deserve to #BeCouragous in the face of cancer.
We’re hiring an Innovation Consultant to support the efforts of Moffitt’s quickly evolving Digital Innovation practice. As a versatile, hyper-organized specialist, you’ll lay the groundwork to bring innovation initiatives to fruition—all with the aim of improving cancer care and patient outcomes.
You’ll work closely with Directors of Digital Innovation and Innovation Strategy Managers to design, launch, and manage a variety of programs within the innovation Hub. Wearing many hats and having your hands in multiple projects, you will be a defining force that the team can count on whether it be leading our marketing efforts or operational support for programs. We’re looking for someone who is a Swiss-army knife of a character and is passionate about playing a role in transforming the digital health landscape with projects that support digital innovation at Moffitt, forge high value startup and ecosystem partnerships, and demonstrate Moffitt’s competitive advantage as the best institution to work with, the best organized to advance innovation, and the best at supporting innovators and industry partners.
Capable of seeing the big picture and the smallest of details, you are equally excited to map out project timelines and align daily activities with strategic objectives. You’re a people person at your core, seamlessly facilitating and connecting with diverse individuals to advance common goals. Working at Moffitt is driven by a commitment to service. Everyone on our team cares deeply about working on behalf of our clinicians, administrators, researchers, innovators, and entrepreneurs to create a massive impact on patient care.
As part of our team, you will focus on four key areas…
Business Analysis: You apply exceptional business instincts to identify gaps and pain points, articulate needs, screen potential partners for fit, and advance ideas from napkin scribbles to detailed business plans.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on new healthcare innovations to develop opinions on the commercial potential of an idea
- Build business plans for ideas and inventions, including analysis of the market opportunity, solution/use case(s), competitive landscape, workflow/implementation requirements, financial requirements for growth, etc.
- Support projects to evaluate, refine, and advance innovative ideas with strong commercial potential and/or capability to scale across the organization
- Support prioritization of organizational pain points; source, vet, and facilitate the build or selection of digital health products to address those pain points
- Support project/product teams and play a lead role in the creation of deliverables
Program Management: You understand the ins-and-outs of projects and can assess needs across programs and products and provide logistical support where necessary – from research to planning to reporting, this all comes as second nature.
- Support delivery of our innovation services, including ideation, education, experience design, prototyping, business planning, market analysis, solution sourcing, product development, pilots, and more
- Support creation of core processes and procedures to operationalize digital innovation by leveraging repeatable frameworks
- Implement and execute Moffitt’s innovation activities related to programs designed to engage and source startups
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders to manage weekly tasks, drive planning and progress, coordinate preparation, and follow up actions to keep projects on track, jumping in to move things forward wherever necessary
- Track, analyze, and report progress related to key program milestones and support tactful resolution of issues as they arise
Marketing and Communications: You’re a branding expert and marketing savant who knows how to position a product or company in just the right light, in front of the right people, and for maximum exposure.
- Support execution of highly engaging marketing campaigns that increase program awareness, energize community, and encourage participation in digital innovation; continuously assess the effectiveness of our marketing tactics and course-correct when necessary
- Collaborate with institutional partners to conceive content/collateral strategy, providing copywriting support, ensuring dissemination of materials, and maximizing impact of content distribution with various formats and channels
- Define and execute digital innovation’s marketing and communications strategy with a well-defined voice and strategic marketing activities ranging from managing our social media presence to organizing outreach activities to crafting our newsletter messaging
- Create and maintain marketing assets, including one-pagers, executive summaries, decks, digital signage, and online presence
- Research and produce digital health thought leadership content with oversight from leadership; draw conclusions from research to recommend positioning for opinion-driven content
Community Engagement: You’re energized by engaging the internal and external innovation ecosystem—and even if you’re not already following the latest startups and ideas (which you probably are), you’re eager to learn how those might impact our strategic goals.
- Cultivate a community and culture of innovation by continuously getting to know Moffitt clinicians, scientists, leaders, and industry experts. Learn about their ideas, challenges, and ask the question – What are you innovating?
- Build cross functional relationships with key partners across the organization to better understand how digital innovation can help our clinicians, researchers, and leaders innovate faster
- Provide strategic planning and manage on the ground operations of events, and major ecosystem engagement efforts (i.e., hackathons, crowdsourcing campaigns, shark tanks, community events, speaker series etc.)
- Support development and implementation of innovation tools and workshops (e.g., value proposition, jobs to be done, Go-To Market Strategy, Risk Assessment etc.)
- Attend events and conferences as requested and be able to clearly articulate digital innovation efforts and service offerings and share learnings with the team
Support special projects and extend project support as needed to other functions within digital innovation.
You are a good fit because you demonstrate…
- Builder’s Attitude: You are resourceful, innovative, and passionate about building and nurturing innovation ecosystems
- Extreme Organization and Execution: You are highly organized and execution-oriented—which helps you both have a laser focus on what needs to happen next and the drive to see it through
- Exceptional Communication: You are effective at communicating complex issues succinctly, and can employ empathy to help others understand the need to prioritize and deliver on your asks of them
- Strong Self-Motivation: You have a self-starter attitude that shows that you are ready for the fast, and at times unstructured, nature of a startup-like environment—and you’ll do whatever it takes to get the job done
- High Adaptability: You are highly flexible and comfortable working within an evolving structure, and you can reprioritize as needed. You are willing to jump into any aspect of work to help achieve results as a team.
- Ninja-like Multi-Tasking: You can collaborate on multiple projects/ relationships at once – without missing a beat and getting frazzled!
- Effective Collaboration: Work both independently on a self-directed basis as well as in project-based team environments with cooperation and interaction with various team members, clinicians, staff, and leadership
- Endless Curiosity: You have a thirst for knowledge and a passion for healthcare, innovation and creativity
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: This role is a professional occupation which requires a Bachelor’s degree in business management or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in management consulting, startup operations, communications, project management, internal innovation, and/or a similar field
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain credibility across clinical, functional, and academic areas strongly preferred
- Experience managing successful marketing initiatives
- Experience in an operations or administration role
- Knowledge of the digital health and startup ecosystem including the dynamic between startups, incubators, and venture capital firms
- Ability to network and make lasting connections among people and organizations
- Experience with successful execution and bias towards action, even in areas of uncertainty
- Experience with traditional and modern project and product management tools such as Smart Sheet, Monday.com, and Trello
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Healthcare experience (either consulting, digital health vendor, or health system) is highly desired but not required
- MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
- Program Management Professional (PMP), or equivalent