Join us for Tampa Bay Tech’s Q2 signature event! This new event is geared specifically for our members and even more specifically, for our tech teams, in partnership with our Emerging Tech Leaders Peer Council. This virtual event will feature tech talks provided by our area technologists, FOR our technologists! REGISTER NOW >>
Check out the agenda and download the agenda:
- This event has passed.
Virtual Event – TDD with Molecule / Docker / Ansible
August 12, 2020 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Molecule is a project that provides support to run multiple instances using different provides like Vagrant (Virtualbox, VMware), Docker, Cloud Instances and others; also with great test frameworks mostly for IT such Testinfra or Inspec as well as lint tools to validate the quality syntax of the roles.
Using this project, I will be talking about:
1. What are the requirement to get molecule working in a development environment?
2. Brief description on molecule structure and its integration with Ansible, Docker and Testinfra.
3. How to encourage Dev-Ops to create new ansible roles with a TDD mindset ?
4. Doing a demo of molecule commands and role creation from scratch.
5. All questions and interruptions are more than welcome to create a more interactive presentation and social environment rather than just a single-present-voice-with-accent.
Roberto Cardenas, Bachelor in Computer Sciences in 2009 and came from a Developer background with C++, C#, Java, Python, and Ruby. Started the DevOps career path in 2013 working Ansible, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, Powershell, BDD/TDD mindset with Cucumber Java, and Ruby.
Love any automation challenge with any tool in any environment. In my free time, I do sky diving, scuba diving, or any adventure with my family.