Calling all Tampa Bay Tech Members! Please join us on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020 to hear Stuart Brown—Managing Director and Group Technology Officer for Accenture’s Microsoft Business Group—discuss five urgent technology trends that will influence businesses over the next three years. Register Now
- This event has passed.
Animation with MotionLayout
February 5th @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
For February’s meetup, we will be learning about animation.
This meetup’s agenda:
● 10 minutes for introductions, announcements, a bit of socializing, and perhaps try out some more tasty homemade treats.
● 5 minutes for a discussion of the latest Android news.
● 100 minutes for a walk-through of the Google Codelab, “Animation with MotionLayout”. In this codelab, we’ll learn about a very new Android development feature that allows us to animate multiple views at the same time using a declarative XML. We’ll also demo the new Motion Editor feature of Android Studio 4.0 that allows us to define the MotionLayout elements using a graphical design tool.
While this codelab is part of the “Advanced Android in Kotlin” course, don’t worry if you’re still new to Kotlin; the code that we’ll be implementing will be pretty Java-like. (If you’d like to work along on your own laptop, it would be helpful to have Android Studio 4.0 installed and to download and build the sample app at https://codelabs.developers.google.com/codelabs/motion-layout)
● Wrap up — Scott will again ask anyone has something they’d like to present and we’ll decide on which nearby eatery to visit for some extra socializing.
* Image from “Advanced Android in Kotlin 03.2: Animation with MotionLayout” Google Codelab at