The Tampa Bay Tech community employs 111,000+ technology workers, including 57,000+ technologists, making it one of the top 25 largest tech employment hubs in North America.
Established in 2000, Tampa Bay Tech (formerly known as the Tampa Bay Technology Forum) is one of the nation’s oldest and largest technology councils, and the engine uniting our members in growing our community’s engagement, pride, talent & opportunity pipeline.
- Leadership: We are visionary, progressive and forward-thinking.
- Collaboration: We are inclusive, open and relationship-focused.
- Storytelling: We are hard-working, actively engaged and fanatical about tech.
Mission: To empower the world’s most radically connected technology hub, in partnership with Tampa Bay’s largest and fastest-growing tech companies and their value-chain partners.
Vision: Tampa Bay is recognized as the world’s most radically connected technology hub, with Tampa Bay Tech recognized as the engine, fostering a robust workforce pipeline and a widespread pride in the community.
Community Task Forces (contact our team to get involved!)
- Board of Directors
- STEM Education
- Exploratory Labs
- Year Up
- RNG Tampa Bay
- Tampa Bay Tech Community
- Tampa Bay Tech Meetup Cooperative
- CIO Council
- Tampa Bay Tech Software CEOs
- Emerging Tech Leaders of Tampa Bay
- More coming soon!
- We, together, made the second poweredUP Tampa Bay Tech Festival an even larger and more exciting event than last year, with 35 speakers and over 1,200 registered attendees.
- We, together, celebrated our 15th Annual Tampa Bay Tech Awards, honoring the best our community has to offer, including bestowing our 125th award, for Community Leadership and Dedication, to Tom Wallace with Florida Funders.
- We, together, produced, partnered on and/or sponsored over 780 total tech events, reaching 20,000+ attendees, and providing more than $175,000 in sponsorship to our regions students, startups and you, our members (promoted, in large part through the nation’s first, regional Meetup cooperative). We, together, also launched peer groups for the region’s Software Founder/CEOs and Emerging Tech Leaders.
- We, together, shared in excess of 6,000 pieces our members’ content to more than 1.5 million sets of eyeballs, including through and with our newest media partner: St. Pete Catalyst.
- We, together, supported $5.9 million in regional technology workforce grant programs, hundreds of technology workers impacted by layoffs, 30+ H1B applications, dozens of academic advisory boards and the newly re-launched RNG Tampa Bay (for the region’s in-house, corporate recruiters).